Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time to Move on to the Next Size

When I first had Autumn I remember having those sleepless nights and feeling like time was not passing by fast. Everyone kept making remarks of "enjoy this time now because it goes too fast". And me being the cynical person I am would think "can this please go by fast so I can get more than 2 hours of sleep. Oh and sleep without a baby in my arms, please" Now I look back and I understand all of those remarks. I miss my baby sleeping in my arms. Don't get me wrong I don't miss the sleepless nights, or the inability for her not to sleep unless in my arms or room, but it did go by super fast.
This is when Autumn was 10 weeks and I was 4 weeks post op. I was still unable to walk with her, which was really hard, but I could sit down and have others hand her to me :)

 Autumn turns 18 months in a couple weeks. Today I spent some time packing away toys that we no longer use and clothes. Now clothes are my soft spot. I find myself all teary eyed every time I pack away a cute little outfit and realize Autumn will never fit in that again.
I started summer clothes shopping back in ....January or December. Won't lie it has been awhile. This summer will be my last season of buying baby clothes cause it is 2T, 3T, and so on after this. There will be no other babies for me, even though I get baby fever, I know I can't put that much risk on my life. I have a healthy girl and a husband that need me here. Sometimes I feel like we could play Russian Roulette with my residual tumor, but then reality sinks in on how lucky I am for how well everything turned out, and it is not worth gambling. So today I made room for our 24 month clothes.
 This girl has so many outfits some we didn't even get to wear once. I love the little dresses for babies they are too cute. But during the crawling stage they were just not practical. Poor girl got angry every time because she would try to crawl and the dress would limit her mobility. And before crawling the dress would hike up when people held her and passed her from person to person. Therefore onesies with built in tutus and rompers were Autumn's favorite. The dresses do make amazing photos though and those last a lifetime.
 Mother's Day 2012
Perfect example of Autumn trying to crawl in the dress.
So while packing away these clothes it always seems to remind me of how fast time has gone by. And how she will never be that newborn waking me up at 4 am ever again. Now she can wake me up, but not nearly as frequent. It is different now because I know what she wants. When she was a newborn, things were new not only to her, but also to Fred and I. I remember the "what do you want stop crying baby moments". Now I know what she wants, and it is usually a iPhone that she can't have :)
We had some firsts these last couple of weeks and the big one was getting to play in the snow. A big one for me was the fact that Autumn agreed to try fresh strawberries and blueberries.
 Fred shoveled a square path in the driveway so Autumn had a walkway to use.
 Autumn staring at dad right after she dropped her snowball
 How high the snow was on the sides of our driveway.
 Little giggle monster.
 Autumn wanted a piece of the shoveling action.
Now being the "I know too much Respiratory Therapist mom", I would not let us stay outside too long. We are not getting pneumonia in the house. Ain't nobody got time for that!
The dress situation has changed now that we can walk; it is comfy for her and cute. We started taking some photos for Easter time to use in our gifts we give to grandparents. Let me tell you, it is a lot harder to take a photo of a toddler that is always on the move, so I take what I can get. Here are a few of them.



I have a feeling this year the Easter Egg Hunt is going to be super fun. So lets bring out those 24 month clothes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment