Wednesday, June 12, 2013

True Mom Fashion

A new beast that uncovered its dirty presence this week is the diaper rash. We have had diaper rashes in the past but not one as angry and red and this current rash we are fighting. Diaper rashes remind me of eczema in that different remedies work for different babies. And just like I had to experiment with the eczema beast now I have the diaper rash beast.

We have only had this rash for less than 24 hours. But in true mom fashion, I have allowed my head to become completely and utterly focused on the healing of this rash. Funny thing, it doesn't bother her one bit. Doesn't make her upset to touch it. She doesn't even acknowledge its presence.
I called the on call nurse at the doctor's office to get more advice on what I should be doing. And of course their answer is "bring her in". Now I know they are not going to prescribe something, just tell me what to do and when to go to the doctor if it is not gone, since it has been less than 24 hours. I would prefer to wait because it is getting better and lets face it I am unfortunately used to seeing rashes on my child.  That and since we haven't had it that long, I don't want to experience 2 horrid waiting periods at the doctor's office. Call me selfish, but neither Autumn or I want to experience that on our relaxing Wednesday morning.
 The gates are down!! I realized I never close it anymore and this girl is amazing at stairs. So why have it up.

Mothers intuition is a very strong natural power that all mothers have. My mom radar is off and in a yellow zone but the red lets rush her to the urgent care is not going off yet. We will see how this goes but as of now baby is napping comfortably.





Autumn got to see her cousins this weekend! Emelyn on left and Kasiah on right. The other babies were there too. Livia, Chris and Liam who I don't have a picture of all of them yet.

 No rash is going to stop this girl from enjoying her morning stroll!


No comments:

Post a Comment